Hi guys. I was back in your inbox this morning with a new copy of The Woodstock Town Lake Daily that just went to print. Let’s start with a quick guide to. It also contains the latest information…
- 📅 Local events of the week.
- 🎖️ Woodstock Veterans Day ceremony.
- 🎨 Thursday is Mini Maker’s Market!
But first of all, today’s weather.
morning shower. fog. High: 81 Low: 63.
Here are the top 3 stories from Woodstock Town Lake today.
- To honor America’s veterans, the city of Woodstock will hold its annual Veterans Day ceremony on Friday, November 11, in a city center park. Major General Warren R. Johnson Marine Corps League Detachment #1311 Woodstock, American Legion Post 316 Woodstock and Warriors Watch Riders to celebrate the veterans who have given us sacred liberties and liberties in our country I’m there. The ceremony will begin at 7:00 PM, followed by a coffee and donut social that provides an opportunity to visit local veterans. (Visit Woodstock)
- You can shop at the Mini Makers Market on Thursdays and support the creativity of local children. Head to the Woodstock Library on Thursdays to check out the arts and crafts on display and shop for holiday gifts. If your child would like to participate as a vendor, please contact the library to register (770-926-5859). Each family member is responsible for a table displaying their child’s work and the payment method used at that table. Market opens from 5pm to 7pm (Sequoyah Regional Library System)
- Woodstock Parks and Recreation will be hosting a recycling and paper shredding event on November 19th. Items that can be recycled for free include electronics, batteries, and mobile phones. Paid items include: $25 TVs, $40 Projection TVs, $10 CRT monitors, and $5 LCD monitors with broken screens. Documents and electronic devices may be dropped into the Woodstock Elementary School parking lot at 230 Rope Mill Road between 9am and 1pm. This is a cash only drive-thru event. Team unloads. (Woodstock Parks and Recreation)
At Woodstock Town Lake today,
- American Red Cross Community Blood Donation: Wear a face covering while donating. For today’s blood donation at the RT Jones Memorial Library, 116 Brown Industrial Parkway, Canton, you can enter the code “RTJones” when you make a reservation by clicking here. (11:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Veterans Meetup: For local veterans. Conversation, community and beer every first Monday of the month at 105 Elm Street Reformation Brewery. (6pm-8pm)
- Hot Vinyasa: All levels are welcome, but prior experience is beneficial in classes held at Ember Hot Yoga at 330 Chambers Street. (18:30-19:45)
- DJ Bingo: Test your musical knowledge and win prizes every Monday at the Woodstock Beer Market at 240 Chambers Street. (7pm-9pm)
- DJ Trivia: The top three teams will win cash prizes every Monday at Guston’s Grille, 12195 Highway 92, Suite 156. (7:30-10:30pm)
- Tim Burton movie trivia: Compete alone or in teams at the Blue Ghost Arcade at 164 Towne Lake Parkway. (8 pm)
- Senior Center Program:
- Walking Club – Every Monday and Friday, 513 Nice Road, Dupree Park Walking/Running Track. (8am-9am)
- Beginner Bridge Instruction – Held every Monday in the WGLSC Multi-Purpose Conference Room. (9am-10am)
- Line Dance – Held every Monday and Thursday at the WGLSC Activity Center Expansion. (10:00 am to 11:30 am)
- Birthday Celebration – Celebrate your November birthday at the WGLSC Activity Center Expansion. (12:00-13:00)
From my notes:
Here are this week’s events that require ticket purchase or pre-registration:
- Madlife Stage & Studio, Main Street 8722
- Wednesday: Featuring Madam Vega, Nelson Cade III – Reggae, Rock, R&B, Pop & Funk Fusion (7:30 PM)
- Thursday: Laughter Wrinkles and Stretch Marks – A comedy that women, moms and couples can enjoy! (8 pm)
- Friday: Grand Paradise – A tribute to the music of Styx (7 pm)
- Friday: Piano Showdown with the Andrews Brothers (10pm)
- Saturday: Bad Romance – Tribute to Lady Gaga (7 pm)
- Saturday: The Dirty Doors – A Tribute to The Doors (10pm)
- Rootstock, 8558 Main Street
- Leaning Ladder, 105 East Main Street
- Friday: Creme Brulee and other classic desserts with Chef Michel – hands-on class (6:30pm – 9:00pm)
- Made Mercantile, Main Street 8636
- Wednesday: Jewelry 101 with bamabelle – Create custom jewelry. Your ticket price includes professional jewelry tools in a case, a jewelry mat and tray, and a take-home project. Coffee and light snacks will be provided. (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
- Thursday: Pick & Pour – Pour into a vessel, pour into a candle. Learn the basics of candle making and create your own scented candle. Comes with dessert and drink. (7pm-9pm)
- Friday: Wicks and Ships by Woodstock Candle Co. – Enjoy snacks, drinks, music and candle making. Create your own scented candle and decorate it with your own firelighter. (7pm-9pm)
- Saturday: Maker Bar – 2nd Saturday of every month. Create a project in under 30 minutes. (3pm-4pm)
- Sunday: Dirty Beauty Makeup and Mocktails – Create a custom lipstick, lip gloss, eyeshadow, or other item. (3pm-4:30pm)
- Gifted Ferret, 1910 Eagle Drive, Suite 400
- Woodstock Arts Theater
- Friday and Saturday: Charlotte’s Web at the Woodstock Arts Theater at 8534 Main Street. (7:30 PM)
- Saturday: Charlotte’s Web at the Woodstock Arts Theater. (2:30 pm)
- Saturday: Fall Wine Tasting – Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and dessert while learning about featured wines and wines paired with artwork on display at the Reeves House Visual Arts Center at 734 Reeves Street. (5:00pm to 8:00pm)
- senior center program
- Tuesdays: Book Lover’s Club – Second Tuesday of each month at the William G. Long Senior Center. (10:00 am to 11:00 am)
- Tuesdays: Painter’s Club – Receive expert mentorship and share ideas every Tuesday. (11:00 am to 1:00 pm)
- Wednesday and Friday: Fit Over 50 – Held every Wednesday and Friday at the WGLSC Activity Center Expansion. (9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
- Thursday: Nimble Fingers Sewing Group – Every Thursday at the WGLSC Activity Center Expansion. (11:30 am to 1:30 pm)
- Friday: Garden Club – Work with the city’s community gardens to develop and implement planting and maintenance plans around the Senior Center. The club meets at the William G. Long Senior Center. (10:00 am to 11:00 am)
- Sequoia Regional Library System
- Wednesday: Adult Art Class, Inspirational Paving Stones – Create decorative paving stones at the RT Jones Memorial Library at 116 Brown Industrial Parkway, Canton. (5:00 pm to 7:30 pm)
- Thursday: DIY Ribbon American Flag – Create a flag to commemorate those who have served our country. All ages 16 and older are welcome to attend this event, held at the Rose Creek Library at 4476 Town Lake Parkway. (10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.)
- Woodstock Parks and Recreation
- Sunday: Discover Disc Golf – Learn the basics of the sport, play a round and take home a disc from class at the Prodigy Par 2 Disc Golf Course at Dupree Park at 513 Neese Road. (2-3:30 pm)
- IN WDSTK (both members and non-members)
- Wednesday: LunchIN’ – Business Financial Planning 2023 Featuring Tom Devaney – The Chattahoochee Tech Board Room, 1 Innovation Way with Tome Devaney, MBA, CPA, Founder of Devaney and Associates, Financial Planning, Tax Credits, Discuss and learn about budgets and more. (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Thursday: YPOW AM – Every Thursday morning. Coffee, networking and informal chats with local leaders at The Circuit, 1 Innovation Way. (7:30-8:30 am)
- Thursday: emPOWer @ Beyond The Spotlight Dance Studio – “Build relationships, ignite personal growth and have fun” at Beyond The Spotlight at 119 Mill Street. (6pm-8pm)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
- Intuitive Painting Class – Ignite the Healing Power of the Creative Process (November 7)
- Junior League of Cobb Marietta 2022 Mistletoe Market: November 10-12 (November 10)
- Christmas Festival at Lanier Tech (November 12th)
- With Extraordinary Courage – Veterans Day Concert (November 13)
- Sales + Marketing = Growth Multiplier (17 Nov)
- add event
Gigs and Services:
Thank you for your hard work today! Get back in your inbox tomorrow morning with the next update.
— nina lightcap
Any news tips or suggestions for upcoming Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily? Please contact Woodstock@Patch.com.