Good morning, neighbor! I’m Nina, the host of the Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily. All the information you need to know about what’s happening in town these days is back in your inbox. today…
- 🌟 Celebrate the success and talent of two locals.
- 🐾 Saturday is pet pick-up day at the shelter.
- ♻️ Two big recycling events are coming up.
But first, your daily weather:
- Saturday: Sunny with occasional showers. High: 62 Low: 32.
- Sunday: It’s sunny but cool. High: 53 Low: 31.
Here are today’s top 3 articles from Woodstock-Towne Lake:
- Don’t miss Woodstock local Bryce Leatherwood next week on NBC’s competition show The Voice. The show airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8pm and will stream on Peacock the day after it airs on TV. Home viewers will have the chance to vote for their favorites, and the winner will be named during the live finale, which airs Dec. 12 and 13. (NBC Insider)
- Another Woodstock local to root for, Caroline Smith has signed with the University of Georgia soccer team as a forward. Prior to signing with the Bulldogs, Smith played in the United Football Academy Elite Club National League (UFA ECNL) and Blessed Trinity High School, where he was the top scorer in 2022. 2023 season. (Georgia Bulldogs)
- The Cherokee County Animal Shelter is holding a regular Saturday adoption event this morning. All available animals can be viewed online here. From 10:00 am today, the QR code at the entrance of the shelter will be activated, so please read the QR code and enter the “virtual line”. Shelters are recruited on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot hold animals. Adoption costs include spaying or neutering, heartworm and leukemia testing, initial vaccinations, deworming, flea prevention, microchipping, and more. (Cherokee County Animal Shelter via Facebook)
Woodstock Town Lake Today and Tomorrow:
- Leaning Ladder is a shop on East Main Street that offers great hands-on and demonstration classes. Events tend to fill up quickly, so here are a few upcoming events where tickets are still available. Beef Pho (hands-on and demonstration class) with Chef Sunisa on November 18th. December 6 Beef master class (demonstration class) by Chef Kyle. View the full calendar here.
- Made Mercantile also offers great events that fill up quickly. Here are some of the following: November 19th, Ink and Drink – Typographic Card from Beau Paper Co. December 9th, Wicks and Sips with Woodstock Candle Co. View the full calendar here.
- next saturday, Woodstock Parks and Recreation is hosting ‘Tis the Season to be Green!’ Recycling and paper shredder event. Items that can be recycled for free include electronics, batteries, mobile phones, and more. Paid items include: $25 TVs, $40 Projection TVs, $10 CRT monitors, and $5 LCD monitors with broken screens. A full list of accepted items can be found here. Documents and electronic devices may be dropped into the Woodstock Elementary School parking lot at 230 Rope Mill Road between 9am and 1pm. This is a cash only drive-thru event. Team unloads. (Woodstock Parks and Recreation)
- On December 3rd, the Cherokee County Recycling Center will host an electronics recycling event. Items that can be recycled for free include personal computers, laptops, modems, floppy and disk drives, printers, batteries, and more. Items you can bring in for a fee are $25 for TVs, $10 for CRT monitors, $40 for large projection TVs, and $5 for LCD monitors. A full list of accepted items can be found here. Electronic items may be dropped off at the Cherokee County Administration Building at 1130 Bluffs Parkway in Canton between 9am and 1pm. This is a cash only drive-thru event. The team unloads the items. (Cherokee County Communications Department)
- Next Door Neighbor, Deer Run – Woodstock: “Our kitty is missing. Please take care. Call us anytime at 678-502-6719. We just want him back!! God bless Stephen.”
- The next neighbor, the village of Weatherstone: “He’s a missing dog. Please help me find Ozzy. He’s an Australian healer mix with mostly white and brown spots. He disappeared from the Weatherstone area at 5:30pm. If you see him and have any information please call (678) 793 -0571” (Nextdoor)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
We’re now in the loop and ready to start this Saturday! See you next week for an update.
— nina lightcap
Any news tips or suggestions for upcoming Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily? Please contact Woodstock@Patch.com.