Hello everyone. This is Brad K. Evans, host of The Daily. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s going on in town. Read about these stories and more today…
- Arctic blast heading here, Temperatures are expected to drop and snow is forecast for Thursday.
- Colorado Recycling Rate Really low, but there is hope.
- Colorado’s economy is struggling But it’s better than most of the US
Wednesday Weather: Mostly sunny and cold. High: 41 Low: 23.
📢 Are you a local business struggling to stand out in your community? Newsletter sponsorships can help increase your visibility and attract new customers. Contact us today to learn more about this sponsorship opportunity.
Here are today’s top news stories from Lakewood:
- Arctic blast headed for us on Thursday. Tuesday’s surprise blizzard was just the beginning of the week’s chill. Forecasters call for bitterly cold nights, more snow later in the week (CBS)
- Colorado’s economy is still struggling with the pandemic, but it’s still doing better than most of the US Colorado’s economy continued to thrive in the third quarter of 2022, according to the quarterly business and economic indicators report produced by the CU/Leeds Business Research Division and the state of Colorado. (Today’s CU)
- El Pollo Loco is triumphantly returning with a new location in Denver, Colorado. Pollo Loco’s last restaurant in Colorado closed during the Great Recession in the late 2000s. Known for its delicious LA Mex-style fare, the restaurant plans to open eight more restaurants around the metro area. (9 news)
- Colorado’s recycling rate is dire, but proponents want to turn it around. Colorado has a very low recycling rate, with only 16% of the state’s waste currently diverted from landfills. But there is hope. Last year, the Producer Responsibility Program was passed into law, requiring companies that make paper, packaging and food utensils to fund a statewide recycling system. (CPR)
- Colorado House Speaker Alec Garnett will become Governor Polis’ next chief of staff. The outgoing Speaker of the House will take over control from longtime Police Aide Lisa Kaufman, who is stepping down from the role, but will remain an adviser to the governor. (CO Newsline)
Today’s Lakewood Daily is brought to you by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to build the best network ever, with LTE coverage for 99% of America. This helps keep communities like ours informed and connected. Thanks to T-Mobile for their support and for making the Lakewood Daily possible today.
- The Nutcracker Performance is available in the upper and lower front ranges this year. Here you can see one or all of this year’s productions. (CPR)
- Most of Lakewood’s major roads are state roads.That is, they Cultivated and maintained by CDOT. This includes Kipling, Wadsworth, Colfax, Sheridan, Morrison, 6th Avenue, I-70, and US 285 (Hampden). You can see the city of Lakewood’s snow forecast here: (Lakewood)
- Lakewood City’s November Ward 2 meeting: Visit District 2 City Councilors Sharon Vincent and Sophia Mayott-Guerrero for an information session to share ideas and learn more about the community. Thursday, November 17, 6-7:30 p.m. (Lakewood)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
You are officially in the loop today. See you Thursday morning for another edition of the Lakewood Daily! Brad K. Evans
Any news tips or suggestions for future Lakewood Daily? Please contact us at email@example.com.