Nice to meet you all! I’m back with a new copy of Miami Daily. Start your day today with a quick guide to the most important things happening in the city.
- South Florida residents are encouraged to participate in a Christmas tree recycling program.
- A teenager was arrested after shooting another teenager in a Deerfield Beach park.
- A South Florida line worker died in an industrial accident on Wednesday.
But first of all, today’s weather.
cloud and sun time. High: 80 Low: 68.
🏠 In Miami, the competition to be the top local real estate agent is fierce. Exclusive newsletter sponsorship helps you stand out from the competition and attract local customers. Click here for more information.
Here are today’s top Miami news:
1. South Florida lA worker died Wednesday after being electrocuted in an industrial accident, according to a news release. A subcontractor worker was electrocuted to death at around 9:40 a.m. while working on a circuit in the city. SW 107th Avenue and 162nd Street area. (Miami patch)
2. Skyscraper in downtown Miami upset Shouts from a nearby federal detention centerResidents pay a high price for relaxation, which they say is denied. One resident said he knew the detention center before moving in. (WPLG) Local 10)
3. A Teenager arrested in fatal shooting of another teenager At Deerfield Beach Park on December 28th 400 blocks on Southwest Second StreetThe shooting is under investigation and the motive for the shooting remains unknown. (WSVN)
4. Affiliate groups may: $160 million mortgage in order to New luxury rental tower in Miami’s Brickell financial district, according to the South Florida Business Journal. A spokeswoman told the outlet that the building features “506-unit luxury condominiums at 77 SE 5th St. on a 2.22-acre waterfront lot.” (Subscribe: South Florida Business Journal)
Five. south florida resident is encouraged to participate in Christmas tree recycling program By the end of the holiday season. Residents who can’t take down their Christmas tree can put it on the curb and crews will collect them starting Wednesday, Jan. 11. (CBS Miami)
- Official Art Deco Walking Tour At the Art Deco Welcome Center. (10:30 am)
- Grown Forks Films At the Little River Branch Library. (noon)
- video game night At the Doral Branch. (5pm)
- The Taproom Is The Classroom: Sign Up For The Master Brewer Academy Today EST.33 At Thai Craft Brewery & Kitchen. (6:00 pm)
- City Reads: Miami at Book & Books. (7:30 PM)
From my notes:
- miami police department share: “Recruitment public affairs aide It will open on Monday, January 9, 2023 and will close at 5:00 PM on Friday, January 20, 2023, or when 1,000 applications have been received. ” (Miami Police via Facebook)
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools Share: “Start your story with Miami Magnet School. Turn your dreams into reality and transform your school experience. Visit www.miamimagnets.org and apply before the January 15th deadline.” and explore the possibilities!” (Miami-Dade County Public Schools via Facebook)
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Share: “Join the first Chamber Connections Happy Hour of 2023 at Puttshack Miami on January 17. Register now.” (Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow morning with another update!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez. He is a food writer with over 10 years of experience in this industry. He writes Food on his blog He Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com), as well as contributing food-related blogs and articles to several newspapers and magazines.
Any news tips or suggestions for future Miami Daily? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.