When one door closes, another two doors open. At least in Georgetown Square.
Bandido’s announced last month that its restaurant is located at 6536 E. State Blvd. Close. The restaurant’s last day of operation was he October 27th.
“This was a very difficult decision to make as the Georgetown Square community has served us so well over the years,” management said in a social media post.
In 1968, Jimmy Schindler opened Jimmy’s Pizza Inn. It is now home to Jimmy’s Rib Bar. In 1980, the Schindler family opened Bundy’s.
However, the Georgetown location will be transformed into two separate restaurants in the shopping center, one of which will continue the Schindler family’s presence in the Plaza.
Guadalupe’s and New York Pizza and Grill Kabobs are scheduled to open in early 2023.
Guadalupe’s Mexican Grill is a fast casual restaurant owned and operated by the Schindler family.
New York Pizza and Grill Kabobs has had locations in Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland for the past 20 years. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes including grilled kabobs, pizzas, Pakistani, Indian and Italian favorites.
“We are thrilled to have two restaurants replacing one,” said Georgetown Square manager Steve Jayle in a statement. Sad to see Bandido closing after a birthday celebration, but happy the Schindler family is staying here with Guadalupe.
“And adjacent New York Pizza and Grill Kebobs will bring two new family-friendly dining options to the Georgetown area that will benefit Northeast Fort Wayne residents.”
Thanksgiving Meals: Dine In or Pick Up
The countdown to Thanksgiving has begun. Whether you want to complement your meal with pies from the local bakery or skip cooking altogether, local restaurants have you covered.
• Bluffton’s Timber Ridge Catering offers a Thanksgiving takeout menu. Individual meals are $18 and family meals range from $101.99 to $184.99. Meals include baked turkey, side dishes, rolls, and dessert. A la carte desserts such as peanut butter pie, oreo pie, cherry cheese pie, and pumpkin pie are also available. Pickup will occur between 3:00pm and 5:00pm on November 23rd. Call 260-452-4572 to order.
• Bob Evans offers a takeaway Farmhouse Feast. Meals are served with three entree options, including slow roast turkey, pot roast, and hickory smoked ham. To-go meals also include side dishes such as bread and celery dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans with ham, macaroni and cheese, cranberry relish, freshly baked rolls, and pumpkin pie. Farmhouse Feasts are packed cold so they can be served warm and enjoyed whenever a celebration takes place.
To-go meals come in a variety of sizes, from 4 to 10 servings. Prices start at $69.99. Order at www.bobevans.com or call any Bobevans location.
• Klemm’s Candlelight Cafe is accepting holiday pie orders through Monday. Call 471-6828.
Among restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day:
• Eddie Merlot’s (1502 Illinois Road S.) offers a special 3-course turkey dinner and full menu. Choose from a starter menu that includes King Crab and Corn Bisque, Wedge Salad, and Caesar Salad. Main dinner includes turkey and side dishes. Dessert options include carrot cake, triple his chocolate cake, and creme brulee with pumpkin spice cream. Fees are $49 for adults and $24 for children. For reservations, please visit www.eddiemerlots.com.
• Ruth’s Chris (224 W. Wayne St.) opens at 11am on Thanksgiving Day. The restaurant offers a traditional 3-course turkey dinner, as well as a regular dinner menu. For more information, please visit https://hubs.ly/Q01rhv4V0.
• Han Dynasty, 6401 W. Jefferson Blvd., open 11am-9pm. Dine-in and takeout options are available. Reservations are recommended. Call 755-2338.
• Decatur’s Back 40 Junction is open from 11am to 3pm. Call 260-724-3355 for reservations.
• GK Baked Goods is accepting pre-orders for Thanksgiving breakfast dinner rolls, pastries and even cinnamon rolls. Options include Dutch apple pie, scones, fruit danishes, bagels, and roasted vegetable quiches. To order, please visit https://gkbakedgoods.com/order-online-shop. Place your order by Sunday. Pick up will be November 23rd at Junk Ditch Brewing Co.
• Paradise Buffet at 1411 Shook Drive in Auburn will open. The cost is $19.99 per person. Call 260-925-6966 for more information.
• Elijah’s Family Restaurant, 301 W. Jefferson Blvd. Please call 278-1085 for more information.
special ice cream
Sweets on Main will celebrate its third anniversary on November 23rd at Night of Lights. According to owner Christa Hall, the anniversary will be part of the kickoff for her season of popular holidays.
As part of the celebration, the ice cream shop at 123 West Main Street will offer a free mini peppermint ice cream with any ice cream purchase from November 23-28.
Hall said the celebration will continue next weekend, December 2-4, with specially featured ice cream flights, sundaes and pop-up sales.
Conner’s Kitchen and Bar is temporarily closed for renovations. The project started on Monday and is scheduled to finish on November 27th.
The rooftop bar is open during this time.
The Dish Featuring restaurant news and food events, it appears on Wednesdays. Please fax news items to 461-8893, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 461-8304 and send them at least two weeks in advance of the event or desired publication.