hello everyone! I’m Nina, host of the Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily. Here’s what you need to know about what’s happening in the community today.
- The schedule for the Summer Concert Series has been released!
- Passport processing fees are again under the microscope.
- The Hickory Flats library construction project is ready.
Today’s newsletter is sponsored by Leslie Spenert of Berkshire Hathaway
Local Realtors can pass on the list. Elite real estate agents act as trusted advisors assisting both buyers and sellers through complex real estate transactions. They close deals and convert clients into fans. and they leave the herd.
For 22 years in the industry, that’s what Leslie Spenert has been doing. She is the top of her agent Berkshire Hathaway in the United States, where she has earned dozens of five-star reviews from clients, and this amazing five-bedroom beauty in a hard-to-find cul-de-sac in Canton. Premiums like Shisa regularly score on her list. how does she do that?
- Deep local market expertise
- A data-driven approach to identify opportunities for buyers and sellers
- An obsession with customer service that makes clients feel like royalty
- Financing network to help complete transactions
To get the best results in this fast-changing market, you need to partner with the best. Visit Leslie today.
Well, today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 49 Low: 30
Woodstock-Towne Lake Business Owners and Marketers: Want to raise awareness? with local customers? We have a limited number of sponsorships available to showcase the local businesses our readers need to know about.
Here are the top 4 stories from Woodstock Town Lake today.
- Concert Season Comes to Downtown Woodstock – The schedule for the 2023 Woodstock Summer Concert Series has been released. Mayor Michael Caldwell announced the lineup of free music series in his city address last week. It all starts with a May 13th performance by country singer-songwriter Craig Morgan. Rick Springfield will be coming to Woodstock on June 10th. Other acts in the series include Bruno his Mars tribute band Uptown Funk and Van Halen his tribute band Completely Unchained. Closing out the season on September 9th is Drivin N Cryin. If you are interested in sponsoring this series, please contact his City of Woodstock Special Events Coordinator, Marybeth Stockdale, ext. 770-592-6000. 1952. Stay tuned for updates on the concert series’ official website as we get closer to the start date. (Woodstock News Post)
- The practice of high court clerks pocketing passport fees in return is coming to an end. After a GBI investigation into Cobb High Court Clerk Connie Taylor revealed she took home more than $220,000 in passport postage, news outlet Atlanta News First launched a raid in multiple counties across the state. revealed questionable handling of its passport processing fees. Although the law allows processing fees to be used as compensation, it was not widely known that this was happening, nor was it known that the compensation was unduly high. A law has been introduced in the Georgia legislature that outlaws the practice entirely and requires clerks to disclose the fees they receive on a quarterly basis. Under Senator Kay Kirkpatrick’s bill, fees would instead be deposited in the county’s General Fund, with a portion left to the Secretariat for public service expenses. (Atlanta News First)
- The Hickory Flat Library expansion and renovation project is officially underway after a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday. The building is currently 10,000 sq. ft. and will expand to 17,800 sq. ft. with additional space for books, technical resources, meeting and gathering space, and quiet areas for study and reading. The project began in 2019 with a survey of library visitors asking what improvements they would like to see in the future, and the project is expected to be completed in about a year. Funding for construction included $6.7 million from SPLOST and $2 million from the Georgia Public Library Service’s Capital Expenditure Grant. The library will be closed during the work period, but the library card can be used at any library in the Sequoia Regional Library System. (Subscription: Cherokee Tribune & Ledger-News)
- Remember, the application period for the Cherokee Small Business Grant ends on January 31st. If your small business is affected by the pandemic, you may be eligible for a grant. You can find the application here. The program, funded by the American Rescue Plan Act, is designed for those in a county that has been adversely affected by the pandemic, has less than 500 employees, is independently owned and operated, and is not in control of the county. implemented to support small and medium enterprises. field. (Cherokee Economic Development Authority via Facebook)
At Woodstock Town Lake today,
- Free Coffee Friday: Stop by the Rose Creek Library for a complimentary cup of coffee. It doesn’t matter if you have a cup on hand or a cup from the library, but it will be up to one cup per person. The library is at 4476 Towne Lake Parkway. (10:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.)
- Crafters Club: Have fun and mingle with other local craftspeople while working on your latest project, whether it’s crocheting, knitting, embroidery, or other crafts. The club will be held at his RT Jones Memorial Library at 116 Brown Industrial Parkway in Canton. (11:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Ben Kimbral: Live at 8558 Main Street, Rootstock Listening Room. (7pm-10pm)
- “Thunder Thief”: Intended for ages 10 and up, this play based on the book series by Rick Riordan will be performed at the Woodstock Arts Theater at 8534 Main Street. (7:30 PM)
- New Wave Karaoke: Tonight’s theme is New Wave, but sing whatever you like. Admission includes unlimited games at The Blue Ghost Arcade at 164 Towne Lake Parkway. (8 pm)
- DJ karaoke: Every Friday at Guston’s Grille, 12195 Highway 92, Suite 156. (9:30 pm – 1:30 am)
- Senior Center Program:
- Walking Club – Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 513 Nice Road, Dupree Park Walking/Running Track. (8am-9am)
- Fit for 50+ – Every Wednesday and Friday at the WGLSC Activity Center Expansion for stretching and exercises with chair yoga, balance, bands, weights and core strength work. (9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
- MadLife Grill Patio Stage (free show, no ticket required):
- Gerald the Elephant (5:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- Crews & Co. (8-11pm)
- MadLife Stage & Studio:
From my notes:
- The G. Cecil Pruett Community Center Family YMCA in Canton hosts many great classes, sports and events. If you or someone in your family would like to participate in one of their offerings, take a look at the catalog when you can. Several spring leagues are now open for registration. (His YMCA in Cherokee County via Facebook)
- Looking for things to do around town to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Next week, we’ll bring you a list of the best Valentine’s Day meals and events in the Woodstock Town Lakes area.
- Downtown Woodstock: “Dress Up Woodstock now has Woodstock shirts! Woodstock unisex tees and pullovers in a variety of colors. Stop by our boutique to pick up a Woodstock shirt! @dressupwoodstock #woodstockga #woodstockgeorgia #downtownwoodstock” (Downtown Woodstock via Instagram)
- Downtown Woodstock: “This Sunday (1/29) will be The Sweet Read’s 1 year anniversary!!!! Be sure to stop by the store to celebrate this milestone and join us in celebrating! @thesweetreadbakery #woodstockga #woodstockgeorgia #downtownwoodstock” (Downtown Woodstock via Instagram)
- Allatoona Downs Neighbors: “I’m looking for someone to take out junk in my garage. I need to move this weekend. Call me. Photos I need to sell.” (next)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
- Free Boot Camp 4 Divorced Women Workshop (Jan 28)
- OOH-RAH HA HA Comedy Night with Derrick Tennant! (January 28th)
- Breast Ultrasound Examination Comes to You! (January 30th)
- Intuitive Painting Class – Ignite the Healing Power of the Creative Process (Jan 30)
- “Love Is in the Air” Exhibit & Chocolate Truffle Tasting – February at the Cumming Arts Center (Feb 2)
- Christian singer Jeremy Rosado live in concert (February 2nd)
- Home Buyer’s Workshop – This is for all buyers – your first home or your forever home! (Feb 11)
- Crossing Over With Psychic Medium John Edward (Live)! (February 23)
- add event
We are now in the loop and ready to start this Friday. Let’s meet again!
— nina lightcap
Any news tips or suggestions for upcoming Woodstock-Towne Lake Daily? Please contact Woodstock@Patch.com.