San Francisco – (business wire)–Today, NerdWallet, Inc. (Nasdaq: NRDS), a platform that provides financial guidance to consumers and small businesses (SMBs), announced the company’s inauguration. 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report.
From the beginning, NerdWallet’s primary mission has been to increase access to financial tools and education and bring clarity to all of life’s financial decisions. Today’s announcement marks a new chapter in NerdWallet’s history, with the report highlighting current and new initiatives and the company’s commitment to integrating his ESG principles and practices across the organization. .
“NerdWallet CEO and co-founder Tim Chen said: “At NerdWallet, we recognize the potential impact of running our business in a responsible and socially conscious manner. In our ESG strategy, our goal is to play a role in improving access to critical financial education, and we are committed to accountability and integrity in all our business practices. We are working to keep it that way.”
Based on a detailed materiality assessment conducted by NerdWallet between December 2021 and April 2022, the company’s ESG initiative focuses on three key pillars:
- Achieving our vision: our Vision is a world where everyone can make confident financial decisions. We know that not everyone has access to the right tools and resources to make these decisions, and that not everyone is adequately served by their incumbent financial institutions. increase. Dealing with these injustices is inherent in our DNA.
- Investing in geeks (employees): NerdWallet’s most important asset is its employees. NerdWallet builds and maintains an inclusive and equitable workforce, creates an intellectually and socially rewarding work environment, and, through NerdWallet and beyond, helps Nerds achieve their professional goals. We are working to help.
- Building a Socially Responsible Business: NerdWallet recognizes its accountability to the communities and people it affects at large. It is important that NerdWallet’s business is conducted in a socially responsible manner that benefits Nerd’s lives, its direct users and society at large.
The 2022 ESG Report details the specific programs and initiatives that were prioritized last year. Below are highlights of initiatives that are part of his ESG framework and priorities for NerdWallet. To view NerdWallet’s full 2022 ESG Report, please visit nerdwallet.com/environmental-social-governance.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Hub: Using financial products backed by socially responsible companies is important to many consumers and can have wide-ranging positive effects. NerdWallet’s content team has gathered relevant articles and tools in one place to make these products easy to find. The initiative is an extension of NerdWallet’s extensive CSR programme, which aims to connect consumers with financial products and investment vehicles from companies that share their concerns about social issues.
- Financial Equality Project: The NerdWallet Financial Equality Project encourages other businesses to make deposits into Community Development Credit Unions (CDCUs) that serve low-income communities. NerdWallet deposited $2 million with the Self-Help Federal Credit Union. CDCU provides economic opportunities to underserved communities by providing loans and basic banking services for individuals and small businesses.
- Career Accelerator Program (CAP): To foster the growth and development of all geeks, NerdWallet has partnered with Landit, a company dedicated to promoting the success of women and diverse groups in the workplace, to launch CAP. Her 12-month CAP program includes six workshops and three of her sessions with certified coaches. In 2022, four cohorts are joined by her 57 geeks.
- Product and feature protection: With a strong sense of responsibility to consumers when consumers seek NerdWallet’s expertise with their most sensitive information and their most important decisions, NerdWallet conducts preliminary assessments of all products and features for privacy and security. Implemented deployment process. This process is intended to ensure that the data collected serves its stated and legitimate purposes and is protected from risks. All designs are required to incorporate high standards.
This press release and the 2022 ESG Report referenced herein contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally use terms such as “purpose,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “target,” “continue It can be identified by words such as “will” and “predict”. , “project”, “change”, “result”, “future”, “will”, “will”, “could”, “could”, “likely”, “likely” , “potentially” or similar expressions relating to our strategies, plans, expectations or intentions. Although we believe that the expectations and assumptions reflected in these forward-looking statements are reasonable, forward-looking statements are inherently subject to various uncertainties, risks and other factors that are difficult to predict. factors that could cause actual results to differ in material ways. It includes the risk factors described in NerdWallet’s annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021 and other filings it may file with the SEC from time to time. We undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
NerdWallet (Nasdaq: NRDS) is on a mission to bring clarity to life’s every financial decision. As a personal finance website and app, NerdWallet provides consumers with trusted and knowledgeable financial information to help them move their money wisely. From finding the best credit card to buying a home, NerdWallet helps consumers make confident financial decisions. Consumers have free access to our expert content and comparison shopping marketplace. Data-driven apps also help you stay on top of your finances, save time and money, and give you the freedom to do more. NerdWallet is available to consumers in the US, UK and Canada.
“NerdWallet” is a trademark of NerdWallet, Inc. All rights reserved. Other names and trademarks used in this document may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, visit NerdWallet.com.