To print this article, simply register or log in to Mondaq.com.
The offer is:
Shanda Botts, Senior Vice President, Ethics and Compliance, Employment Law and Litigation, AARP
Teresa Johnson, Partner, Arnold & Porter
Peter Gioello, Counsel, Arnold & Porter
Corporate Bar Association
October 6, 2022
Questions and Topics Covered Today
October 12, 2022
1. What are the main ESG issues facing companies today?
2. What is keeping executives and directors up late when it comes to ESG?
3. Examples of backlash against ESG and how to respond to highly politicized social issues
4. What is the board’s role regarding ESG?
5. Managing ESG risks and responsibilities
Me.board of directors
ii. ESG disclosure
6. Competing Stakeholder Recognition and Management
7. What are the ESG opportunities?
What are the main ESG issues facing companies today?
Types of ESG risks
- litigation risk
- Regulatory risk
- Disclosure risk
- human capital risk
- Climate-related physical risks
- Climate-related transition risks
- Reputation risk and brand value
- Data privacy/data security risks
- Lobbying Risk
- Risk associated with opportunity loss
Microsoft PowerPoint – Navigating the Board’s Role in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. You should seek professional advice for your particular situation.
Popular Articles: US Corporate/Commercial Law