Vermont Business Magazine The Vermont Senate Committee and Speaker of the House are currently conducting an open recruitment process to fill seats on the newly created Environmental Advisory Committee, with application deadlines from November 14, 2022 to December 5, 2022. is extended to
The Environmental Justice Advisory Committee provides independent advice and recommendations to state agencies and the General Assembly on matters related to environmental justice, including the integration of environmental justice principles into state programs, policies, regulations, laws, and activities. Created by Law 154 to provide
The council also assesses the environmental burden, disproportionate impact, or potential benefits to populations with a focus on environmental justice as a result of state actions.
The 11-member Advisory Board will meet no more than eight times a year, and at least four meetings will be held jointly with the Interagency Commission on Environmental Justice. Meetings can be held in person, remotely, or in a hybrid format. The Advisory Board receives administrative, technical, and legal support from the Natural Resources Agency.
Specifically, the Commission is seeking the following applicants for the Council:
• 1 local government representative
• 1 representative of a social justice organization
• One representative of mobile home park residents
The Chair is seeking the following applicants for the Council.
• One individual residing in a census block group designated as an Environmental Justice Focus Group.
- A specified environmental justice-focused population definition and a map of Vermont regions that meet this criteria can be found here.
• 1 representative of an organization working on food security issues;
• One representative from Vermont’s immigrant community
1 representative from a statewide environmental organization
A commission application for the establishment of a commission can be submitted at https://ltgov.vermont.gov/COC-Applications.
Applications for the Speaker’s Opening can be submitted at http://speaker.vermont.gov/form/public-application-form.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, December 5th.th2022.