This patent, filed in 2019, covers a high-density test system for batteries in environmental test chambers.
Acton, Massachusetts – September 8, 2022 – Associated Environmental Systems, a leading manufacturer of environmental test chambers and battery test fixtures, has patented ATPPRIME, a high-density test system for batteries in environmental test chambers.
First introduced in 2018 as part of the All Test Platform (ATP) series, ATPPRIME allows users to charge and discharge batteries in a controlled environment for research, development and production purposes.
Associated Environmental Systems CEO Michael Shirley said: Share what happens next. ”
Brock Kenyon, CTO, Associated Environmental Systems, said:
What is ATPRIME?
All Test Platform (ATP) provides a safe and easy way to test batteries within an environmental test chamber. ATPPRIME enables rapid change of batteries and battery types between tests and offers the highest density per square foot of environmental test chamber space available for battery testing. ATPPRIME combines multiple essential components for battery testing into a configurable, scalable and secure high-density battery test platform.
The main features of ATPPRIME are:
- Ability to test many types of batteries with a single fixture
- Ability to change from one style of holder to another, or support multiple configurations for nearly any cell type: coin, cylinder, prism, pouch, and puck
- An integrated Battery Interface Board (BIB) sends accurate and powerful charge and discharge data signals from each cell to the user’s battery cycler.
- Sliding shelf for easy access to safely insert batteries into the test environment without the need for external disconnection
- Up to four custom-designed epoxy shelves maintain a flat surface, distributed airflow, and optimal configuration.
Related environmental systems
For over 60 years, Associated Environmental Systems has designed and manufactured test chambers and battery test fixtures to meet the most demanding requirements of organizations.
As society’s reliance on fast-charging, long-lasting, and high-performance batteries is increasing across various industries, AES has developed the All Test Platform to support enterprise battery research, development, and production. The ATP series includes the patented ATPPRIME, ATPFLEX (a battery test fixture that can be added to existing chambers), and the patent-pending ATPHEAVY (a battery test fixture for large format and prismatic cells, up to 1000 amps per channel). can be tested).
AES’ extensive customer base spans the aerospace, pharmacological, electronics, automotive, semiconductor, computer and other industries worldwide.