The City of Spokane Solid Waste Collection offers a complete service for commercial customers. To keep Spokane clean and safe, weekly garbage collection within the city limits is mandatory for all businesses.
Commercial customers are provided with automatic collection carts, commercial bins, or roll-off carts to collect materials. Businesses are billed for collection services, not containers. To ensure that the container can be emptied, the customer must obtain an approved container location for solid waste collection. Please see the pricing page for details.
The City does not provide or sell compactors, but can provide compactor collection services. Please call our commercial department at 509.625.7955 to ensure the unit you are considering is compatible with our equipment.
Commercial containers can be emptied once a week or more often, depending on customer needs.
Here are some tips to keep your weekly collection running smoothly.
- Please have access to the container by 6am on the day of collection so that it can be emptied. Commercial pickups are scheduled between 6am and 2:30pm and drivers may arrive earlier or later than usual depending on the week.
- Open gates, remove locks and chains, clear snow from around containers, and cover frozen areas with sand.
- Position carts at least 3 feet away from other carts and items so they can be picked up by automated arms.
- Make sure your car or other objects are not blocking your way to your trash or recycling bin.
- Please note that small bins (up to 6 yards) will be emptied on site. Rolled-off containers are taken to landfill, emptied and returned.
did you miss it? City of Spokane Solid Waste Collection is dedicated to providing efficient and friendly service. If for any reason you miss a collection or your cart is partially empty, please call 311 immediately. Out of town, call 509.755.CITY (2489). Here’s how to remedy this situation (Friday’s pickup will be picked up on Monday, weekends off).
Need a temporary trash can? Temporary trash cans are available for rent to accommodate specific needs. For more information, please refer to the 2022 Temporary Recycle Bin Rental Form (PDF 325 KB).
Road trucks can carry bulky items and very large loads. You can request trucks to load and dispose of goods. For road track information, call 509.625.7881 or download the 2022 Road Track Form (PDF 423 KB).