Good morning everybody.I’m your host, Brad K. Evans. denver daily — Bring all the most important things happening in the community back to your inbox. Includes the following updates:
- Ozone pollution from fracking is causing more air quality problems than previously thought.
- In addition, luxury condominiums are built, Takeout from a small bakery.
- CU scientists are developing technology clean up the space garbage it orbits the earth.
Friday weather: Mostly cloudy. High: 40 Low: 23.
Denver Business Owners and Marketers: Want to Raise Awareness? with local customers? We have a limited number of sponsorships available to showcase the local businesses our readers need to know about.
Here are today’s top Denver news:
- The City Café Bakery on Broadway’s shutters makes way for luxury apartments. city cafe I baked the last cookies on Thursday, January 5th. The building the bakery has called home for many years will be demolished and replaced with an 18-story apartment building. (9 News)
- Fracking is making frontline air quality worse than believed. A new study shows that fossil fuel production in Colorado causes more ozone pollution in front-range regions than all vehicle emissions combined. (CPR)
- Scientists at the University of Colorado are helping keep the universe clean. Scientists and engineers at the University of Colorado are working on ways to reduce the risk of damage to spacecraft orbiting Earth, and are developing technology that can track and remove space debris.(9 News)
- A new batch of COVID-19 variants has already arrived in Colorado. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment said two COVID-19 variants are rapidly gaining strength and are expected to take over soon. (Westward)
- Opening reception at NEXT Gallery: Missing, murdered, memory of R. Matthew Bollinger. (5pm-10pm)
- Opening Reception at Memento Mori Gallery: “Once Upon a Time in the West Group Art Show (6-10pm)
- Ryan Kelly: at Comedy Works. (8 pm)
- Denver’s Psychedelic Art Gallery: check them out. (Westward)
From my notes:
- Currently, a permit for rental housing is required.Expect it Improve housing standards and track available rental housing stock in Denver. Landlords with multiple units offering rentals of 30 days or more must apply for a license. (Denver)
- The cows are back. It’s January in Denver. This means the National Western Stock Show is about to begin. From Saturday, January 7th to January 22nd (NWSS)
- Free day at DAM: Explore art, experience onsite activities, and browse exhibits while general admission is free. Tuesday, January 10th. (dam)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
That’s all for today. See you Saturday morning in another issue of her Denver Daily! Brad K. Evans