Lee County Solid Waste Carriers will resume recycling collection the week of Monday, October 17. Residents must put out the recycling bin on the scheduled collection day.
Recycling services were suspended after Hurricane Ian made landfall.
Residents of Fort Myers and Cape Coral should check the municipal website for recycling information.
Follow @Lee County Government (www.facebook.com/leecountyflbocc) on Facebook for updates from Lee County Government on Hurricane Ian. For more information, please visit www.leegov.com/storm.
Disaster debris will be collected separately from household garbage and recycling by specialized contractors.
More information is available on the newly created landing page www.leegov.com/hurricane/storm/debris. This page contains real-time hurricane debris removal statistics, status updates, and links to maps for Lee County.
Residents can speed up neighborhood cleaning by taking the following precautions:
• Create separate piles for plant debris, construction debris, and equipment.
• Do not put storm debris in bags or containers.
• Keep piles away from obstructions such as mailboxes, utility meters, and overhead power lines as contractors use large trucks.
• Garbage collection resumed the week of October 10th.
• Regular yard waste collection does not yet have a start date.