of Dyson V15 Detect Best overall vacuum in our larger test Best dyson vacuum cleaner review.Read on to learn more about this versatile high-tech machine and what makes it stand out from the rest.
In the vacuum business, Dyson is known for its high-quality products equipped with cutting-edge technology. But with so many options to choose from and potentially steep prices, it can be difficult to know exactly which Dyson model is right for you. In our rigorous testing process, the Dyson V15 Detect (one of the brand’s high-end cordless vacuum cleaners) stands out from the crowd thanks to its consistent performance, incredibly useful technology, and ability to scale from hard floors to rugs and carpets. clearly stood out from the products of
The V15 is more expensive than other models I’ve tested, but it comes with many useful accessories so you can use it on floors, furniture, and more. Easy to store. It’s powerful enough to clean even large homes and serious piles of dirt. Cherry on top: This vacuum has a unique laser feature that makes cleaning hidden dirt and dust easier than any other model .
To get an idea of what to test, I researched the top-rated Dyson vacuum cleaners and selected the top seven to compare. We tested the vacuum thoroughly. We also consulted four vacuum experts to establish our testing criteria.
Dyson V15 detection function
Consistent performance on all surfaces
Like most other Dyson vacuums I’ve tested, the V15 Detect comes with two heads. It also easily becomes a hand vacuum, like all Dyson cordless models. As long as you use the correct head, the vacuum picked up all kinds of debris with ease from all surfaces we tested. I didn’t have to press the vacuum more than once or twice across the entire surface. For comparison, other models required 2-3 swipes per mess to do a complete job. .
What I really appreciated is how powerful the vacuum is without compromising its usability. The Detect V15 isn’t the lightest vacuum I’ve tested, but it’s not bulky. Weighing in at just under 7 pounds, it feels light when you’re using it (or climbing stairs). I also found it easier to press with one hand during testing. The suction is surprisingly strong without being overpowering, and the battery didn’t run out during our tests (more on battery features below). Of all the Dysons I’ve tried, this one was the best by all my performance criteria.
Technology that simplifies cleanup
My favorite feature of this vacuum was the detection technology. It shines a green light in front of the vacuum head, making it easy to see tiny dust particles that you might miss on hard floors.(His Outsize+ and V12 models I tested also have this technology.) It has been.)
At first, I was skeptical if this feature would be useful, but after trying it out, I don’t want to go back to a vacuum without this technology. The light shines brightly under baseboards, corners, and furniture, and the excellent swivel made it easy (and a little fun!) to siphon off excess debris. I’ve never seen a floor so dusty and dirty before.
Also worth noting is the V15’s battery saving features. Cordless vacuums are known for their convenience, but short battery life is a common complaint. Dyson V15 Detect is designed to detect particles of different sizes and automatically adjust suction power, saving valuable battery life. I also noticed this in my testing. Vacuuming dust and hair made the vacuum quieter, and cleaning Cheerios and rice made the vacuum louder and more powerful. It worked great and I didn’t have to worry about draining the battery unnecessarily while cleaning.
Ample Power and Convenience
The V15 Detect is cordless and lightweight, but you don’t have to choose between power and convenience. Corded vacuums are usually more powerful, but have a limited cord length. Plus, you can cover more ground because you don’t need to recharge. Cordless models are convenient because they are lightweight and easy to push, but the batteries may not last as long for cleaning large homes or cluttered areas. The Dyson Detect V15 does both better than any other Dyson I’ve tested. It had the best battery life and suction of any cordless Dyson I’ve tried, aside from the Outsize+, but it’s also lightweight and easy to push and turn. Among the vacuum cleaners in the market, it was the easiest to push and operate, and when measured to the model designed to be lightweight, it was in the top three.
If you can afford the absolute best Dyson, this one is definitely worth the splurge thanks to its consistently impressive performance and ease of use. If something goes wrong, you can get replacement parts or a new vacuum cleaner.
How does the Dyson V15 compare to other Dyson vacuum cleaners?
Many of the Dyson vacuums I tested were powerful, and many were lightweight and easy to use. This vacuum cleaner did a great job combining these features. The Dyson V15 is the most versatile vacuum I’ve tested, performing consistently across a range of debris sizes and most surfaces. It performed best on hardwood, but it also worked well on carpet with the right head. You can opt for a simpler model that doesn’t (like the Dyson V8 Absolute).
The icing on the cake, and the main reason this vacuum won in my overall best Dyson vacuum review, was the detection technology. I was able to easily find the particles I was missing, so I could clean more thoroughly. Two of his other vacuums I tested had this tech, but the combination of performance and ease of use of this vacuum made it a winner. With excellent performance in all use cases, the Dyson V15 is more than worth the investment.
For the past five years, I have specialized in writing household content with a focus on cleaning. We have written cleaning guides and reviewed products for Apartment Therapy, The Kitchn, MyDomaine, and Forbes Vetted.
To better understand what a good vacuum cleaner is and how to choose one for your home, we interviewed four experts before starting the review process.New Product Innovation Engineer at Dyson We spoke with fellow designer Carlos Dorado Cardenas. Also Christopher White, who created the Vacuum Wars YouTube channel and website; Nigel Russco, a vacuum expert and engineer who has been reviewing vacuums online for eight years; and his Richard’s Vacuum Center in Florida. owner, he also interviewed Brett Magnuson.
How we tested the best Dyson vacuum cleaners
We tested seven Dyson vacuums at home on hardwood floors, low-pile rugs, and shaggy high-pile rugs. On each surface, we spill sand, potting soil, jasmine rice, Cheerios, cat hair, and synthetic human hair to determine how well each vacuum handles different debris sizes and textures. To gauge how much debris was vacuumed, the canister was weighed on a food scale before and after vacuuming.
Between tests, we emptied the canister into the trash and cleaned it out to see how easy it was to clean.
Based on my research and interviews with experts, I judged the Dyson V15 Detect based on the following criteria during testing:
- performance: We evaluated how well this vacuum cleaner picked up debris from different types of surfaces, including hardwood floors and several types of carpet. We also tested whether it can suck up debris of size .
- ease of use: We looked at how easy the Dyson V15 Detect is to set up and use on a variety of surfaces. I paid particular attention to the weight of the vacuum, whether it can be easily pushed with one hand and up and down stairs. did.
- Versatility: We looked at how this vacuum would perform on a variety of surfaces, including rugs, carpet, and hardwood floors.
- Battery life: I paid attention to how long the battery lasts after a full charge and whether it lasts long enough to clean a 1500 square foot multi-story house.
- Canister size: We measured how much debris the vacuum canister held and recorded how often it needed to be emptied.
- Features and technology: We appreciated the technology and features (including attachments) that set this vacuum apart from other models.
- aesthetics: I considered what the Dyson V15 Detect would look like and if I wanted to keep it outside at home.
- maintenance: We found this vacuum cleaner easy to clean and maintain, including how easy it was to replace the vacuum head and empty the canister. I put it in
- accessories: Finally, we reviewed the accessories for this vacuum cleaner. The V15 Detect comes with multiple cleaning heads, making it more convenient to switch from hard floors to carpets and rugs compared to cheaper Dyson models with fewer accessories. This model also comes with a hair screw tool, suitable for cleaning hair in small areas such as upholstery or small rugs. Crevice tool for vacuuming corners and tight spaces. A combination tool that is both a vacuum cleaner and a brush, plus a soft dusting brush and a stubborn dirt brush. The number of accessories included with the V15 Detect matches several other vacuums I’ve tried, including the Outsize+ and V8 Absolute.