Many construction and demolition contractors choose to haul their own construction waste for recycling or disposal. If you hire a third party for this transport, some rules apply.
- You can hire any recycling company to do the hauling.
- Containers provided must be labeled as recycled containers and have a list of acceptable materials.
- Containers must be free of non-recyclable materials.
- Recycling containers containing non-recyclable materials must be carried by Waste Management.
- need to contact Waste management(800) 963-4050.
Seattle Utilities regularly inspects containers at construction sites to ensure that:
- Recycling bins are labeled with a list of acceptable materials and a visual inspection of the contents of the bin indicates that the bin is free of non-recyclable materials.
- The waste container is what we provide. Waste management No eligible C&D recyclable materials such as concrete.
Note that these rules do not apply to:
- Demolition contractors bring their own debris for recycling or disposal.
- Businesses and residents carry their own waste from their own property.
- A junk or garbage removal company hired to clean up debris and waste not set up for container collection by the property owner.
- Recovery of special waste such as asbestos and contaminated soil.
- Contractors hauling waste from Seattle Housing Authority, University of Washington, military bases, or property.
If you have any questions about the C&D Waste Third Party Conveyance Regulations, please contact Hans Van Dusen at email@example.com or (206) 684-4657.