Posted on: Jan 19, 2022 14:10
Last update: February 11, 2022 12:06
As Aucklanders declutter their homes and businesses, Auckland Public Works (OPW) is offering a reminder of all the services available to properly dispose of unwanted and bulky items. .
OPW understands that Aucklanders are proud of their neighborhoods and want to do what they can to keep them clean and healthy. As such, today’s announcement is intended to support the community by promoting available and free services. Auckland residents do not have to pay extra to dispose of bulky items. The following services are available free of charge to dispose of garbage that does not fit in the trash can.
- All Auckland residents have access to curbside large pickup service provided by WMAC. As announced in November, this includes improved renter access. A resident of an apartment complex (4 or more units) can now schedule a curbside appointment once a year. directly Instead of requesting reservations through the landlord as before, we now use WMAC. Residents of single-family homes (buildings with up to four housing units) can schedule curb bulky item collection appointments increased from once a year to twice a year. Find Terms of Service and Instructions at www.oaklandrecycles.com. Call 1-888-WM-BULKY to contact WMAC to schedule a large pickup.
- All Auckland residents can schedule an appointment with WMAC to drop bulky items free of charge at the Davis Street Resource Recovery Complex and Transfer Station (located at 2615 Davis Street, San Leandro). To make an appointment, please call (510) 613-8710.
- OPW hosts monthly Bulky Block Party events where residents drop off items for free. Events are generally held on the last Saturday of each month from 9am to 1pm at 7101 Edgewater Drive. This month’s event he will be held on Saturday, January 29th. Click here for program details.
Instead, Auckland has several licensed companies to do business that will remove the junk from private property for a fee. Companies that may offer that service and are licensed to operate in the City of Auckland include:
- Transporting Manzanita
- american hauling
- Sons of Odin Transport and Demolition
- RCD transportation service
- Bay Area Waste Services operating as garbage scouts
- Calsan debris removal
- Nixxit Junk Removal
OPW urges residents who are hiring Anyone To remove bulky items from properties:
- Remember, WMAC has the exclusive right to haul residential and commercial solid waste off the roadside.
- Make sure anyone you hire to remove bulky items from your property is licensed to do business in Auckland.
- Make sure your service provider provides a “dump ticket” or receipt showing that the bulky item was properly unloaded at the Davis Street Resource Recovery Complex in San Leandro or the transfer station in the City of Berkeley. Residents may be held liable if bulky items from their home are found dumped on the streets of Auckland.
All Auckland community members can visit www.oaklandrecycles.com to learn more about garbage, recycling and composting services available in Auckland. Oaklanders can learn more about the services available to combat and reduce illegal dumping and how they can help themselves! – www.oaktownproud.com.